Hey there! I lied. I'm totally talking babies again. Except this time I'm talking about the ones already out in the world. Steph at Adventures in Babywearing posted this meme and I couldn't resist.
1. Do you have any cultural or religious naming traditions?
Sort of. Butterfly's middle name is a saint name, but we chose it because we liked it as much as anything. Buddy's middle name is BIL's first name, and Monster's middle name is my brother's first name. Princess shares a middle name with me and my grandmother. This baby will share a middle name with my sister if it is a girl. If it is a boy, it will have the names of Husband's grandfathers. IndieGirl's name is just pretty.
2. Did you or your partner come to the marriage with pre-selected names?
Yes. I had one girl name picked out, that was it. Husband didn't really have any that he was determined to use, that I recall. He liked my pick for a girl name and Princess got it.
3. Did you consider the sound of the first and middle and last names together? Did this make any sad eliminations?
Of course we did. You have to think about flow. I don't know that I was sad about eliminations, but there were definitely names that I liked that just didn't work.
4. Did you have veto powers?
Both of us had to agree on the name.
5. Did the baby naming cause arguments?
Not really. We have always found it fairly easy to come to agreement on names for our children, thank goodness, since we have done it a few times. :)
6. Do you think it is easier to name boys or girls?
I don't know. So far it has not been very difficult to choose either, and since we typically don't find out the gender until the big day of arrival, we always have to have one of each ready to go.
7. Did you eliminate names because of people from your past or present who you don’t like or because a certain image comes to mind.
8. Did you / would you survey your children to get their thoughts on the name?
We asked the kids for ideas for girl names for this baby and got some interesting suggestions. We will use the same boy name we had chosen for Butterfly. The kids are welcome to make suggestions, but the grownups make the decision.
9. Did you tell people the name or possible names before the baby was born or were they “in the vault”?
We have always shared. The names we have chosen have been fairly normal, common names, so we haven't had to take a lot of flak for it. But, my front-runner girl name for this baby is a little on the unusual side, so we'll see what happens. When I was pregnant with Butterfly, people would ask the names we had chosen. Everyone thought the boy name was nice, but when I said the girl name they would say "Awww, that's pretty, sweet, cute, etc." Everyone was pulling for a girl.
10. Did you use baby name books?
No! We just threw out names we liked. We did consult the Bible for boy names with our second son, just for inspiration.
Drumroll Please…What did you name your kids?
Yeah right, like I was really going to answer this one. If you have to know or will die of curiosity then you can send me an email.