Friday, May 08, 2009
Quick Takes Friday
1. Swine flu is making me crazy. Okay, not really. First our schools were closed for the week. Then they were not. Well, not for the whole week. My girls went back to school Thursday. They were mostly happy about this, as our house is apparently pretty boring. Which makes me quiver with joy in anticipation of the summer. Or not. IndieGirl was dismayed to learn that she would be missing a WOWO playdate. She asked if we could reschedule. I told her no, since it was scheduled before we knew there would be no school, so she wasn't going to get to go anyway, originally. Much wailing ensued. Not kidding.
2. Oh my heck, I am so sore. You know how a substitute in school always meant an easier day? Lots of worksheets, that kind of thing? Yeah, that is not the case at the gym. I was supposed to do cardio-kickboxing yesterday, but the regular instructor was out. So we had a sub. She was all about the high intensity total body workout. It was a great class, but I am definitely feeling it today. I should Shred, but whatever. I'm having a whatever kind of week regarding exercise. If I do it, great, if not, that's okay too.
3. First place Texas Rangers! This brings joy to my heart that mere words cannot describe. We are die-hard Rangers fans in this house, and that often means we are sad fans. But not today. Well, not this morning. I guess if they lose tonight and fall a spot in the standings we might be a little sad. I love baseball.
4. Breath of Snow and Ashes, the sixth book in the Outlander series, was much better then books 3-5. I'm so glad I gave it a second chance and read it all the way through. Jamie and Claire take center stage again, and I just can't resist their story or get it out of my head. Now I can't wait for the seventh book to come out in September. I *heart* books.
5. I'm having a hard time coming up with seven quick takes this week. I guess my life has devolved to being just that boring. Maybe the girls are right. So I'm reading other blogs while writing this post, hoping for inspiration.
6. I don't like bacon! I know, blasphemy! Husband made breakfast last weekend, and I had sausage on my biscuits. But he also made bacon, so I had a piece of that. Only I didn't, because it only took one bit to realize that is not what I wanted at all. And this has been true for a while. I like bacon bits in things like dips and such, but no more strips of bacon for me. It is very strange, I know.
7. Butterfly could be walking if she was so inclined. She totally has the balance to stand up, and will remain standing when we pull her up and let go, but only for a second. However, she gradually sits down, she doesn't just fall down. So I think she just likes crawling with her funny crawl. I am kind of ready for her to be walking though.
For more quick takes visit Conversion Diary.